Professional and amateur photographers from all over the world are invited to take part in the International Photo Contest on greener healthcare waste management! Submit a photo that shows your awareness on healthcare waste issues such as what impact it has on environment, what innovations and practices are introduced to minimize it. You may also wish to express a creative vision of healthcare you want to see in the future, to demonstrate positive changes you want to see on food chain/soil, fishes/water or breath/air.
1. To increase public awareness of the issues related to healthcare waste treatment and management (HCWM) through a visual and artistic medium.
2. To promote best practices on HCWM along with non-incineration waste treatment and mercury-free technologies for greener healthcare practices.
To participate in the contest please fill out the online application form, attach your photo and submit until July 15, 2019. Participation in two categories of the contest (by submitting by one photo for each category) is allowed. Categories are the following:
1. "Healthcare Waste Management for People and Planet" (two finalists).
There will also be additional special nomination awards for photos depicting positive images for the following special categories (one for each):
- “Alternatives to healthcare waste burning/incineration”;
- “Mercury-free healthcare”;
- “HCWM for better infection prevention”;
- “Women and HCWM”.
2. "Greener healthcare I want to see in the future" (two finalists).
Find more details at the link - http://www.greenhealthcarewaste-photos.org/